Online Selling and Web Site creation course
This very successful course has now been running for two years. The course contains two sections. Selling Online and Web Design. Both courses are of particular interest to people wishing to set up a business which will in some way make use of the Internet. More and more people are finding that they can work from home with very little set-up costs. Often these courses are presented as modules within a business development course being offered to mature entrepreneurs by adult education and community projects.
Each presentation of this course is tailored to the participants needs. Greater emphasis is then given to the topics of most value to the attendees, based on their experience, intentions and any steps they have already taken to set up their businesses. The following topics will be covered.
- What is a brochure site?
- What is an e-commerce site?
- Ready-made shopping outlets
- eBay shops, Amazon shops, Facebook shops, Etsy
- subscription fees, payments, advantages and disadvantages of each
- European and UK sales law relating to Internet selling
- Product Pricing – understanding procurement, returns policy and industry sector costs
- Your business USPs – getting them into your site
- Building customer confidence (and your own confidence)
- Marketing your website
- How Google and Bing see your website
- Working out your SEO keywords and phrases
- Webmaster accounts – how to get one and what it does
- SEO – what it is, why it is needed and how you can do a great deal of SEO for yourself
- Use of social media to promote your business (Facebook LinkedIn Twitter Pinterest etc.)
- Conventional business promotion
- Different types of website development. Packages: WYSIWYG, CMS, Bespoke – advantages and likely costs of each
- Responsive sites for smartphones, computer tablets and desktop PCs
- Image tools
- How to get a domain name
- Linking Domain names to the website hosting
- Setting up Email
- Finding out about domain name details (WHOIS)
- Understanding Web Hosting
- Choosing a web hosting company
For an in-depth discussion on the content of these courses or if you wish a tailored presentation for your own organisation then please contact me here: Contact Tony.
2017: 4-May, 17-Aug, 16-Nov